Many thanks to the Committee for the invite to judge Bassett hounds, AVNSC, and the Hound groups. Unfortunately, the judge for Afghans and Rhodesian Ridgebacks was taken ill and I was asked to take on her entry. I must thank those exhibitors for the sporting way they accepted my placings.
1) Cullen’s, Cloudside Sevillana at Eweyisska, 10 month old bitch , coat is typically puppy stage, good eye shape and colour. Prominent occiput with long skull and strong jaw. Strong neck leads to well laid shoulders. Good depth of chest and correct spring of rib . Hindquarters well angulated. Moved steadily . BP, RBOB
2) Hedge’s, Happy Go Lucky. 11 months old ,quite a compact bitch, Many typical attributes, good angulation and good depth of chest. At a different stage of development than 1. On the move was reluctant to co-operate with handler.
Post-Grad 1 (1)
1) Cullen’s, Syrdaraya Toffy Pop At Eweyisska, Red brindle dog, elegant with good eye and lovely head showing occiput. Strong neck leads to good shoulder, well laid back. Depth of chest meeting elbow and has correct spring of rib. Balanced rear angulation. Moved smoothly .BOB.
Puppy 4 (2)
1) Parson’s , Priorpark Pinch of Salt, 11 month old bitch puppy that was lovely to put my hands on. Attractive head with good breadth between the ears, good neck that is strong and of good length. Well boned with good feet. Liked her length and spring of rib which has correct depth. Strong in loin. Moved well. BP RBOB
2) Hurn’s, Diamondridge Dark Delight of Matikridge, 61/2 month old puppy with a lot to like him. Good eye and head. Strong neck and good body properties. Well boned. Not as steady on the move as 1 but did well for his first show.
Junior 4 (1)
1) Parson’s, Priorpark Pot Kettle Black, 11 month old litter sister to puppy class winner. Many of the same remarks apply . a balanced puppy. Liked her hind angulation. Moved well.
2) Barnes’s, Diamondridge Di Caprio, 15 month old male, maturing well. Well boned. Preferred angulation of 1.
3) Rayner’s, Carlincox Good as Gold.
Post -Grad 3 (2)
1) Barnes’s, Diamondridge Di Caprio, 15 month old male, maturing well. Well boned.
Open 4 (2)
1) Davis’s Gunthwaite Papa Don’t Preach, Mature male with masculine head, good eye and strong neck. Lovely depth of chest with elbows close to ribs. Good strong bone and feet. Moved steadily with free action. BOB
2) Murphy’s, Ahamle Mpho At Lusapho, Another mature male, longer in rib and loin than 1 so does not give the same overall picture. Good eye and typical head showing his masculinity. Has good bone.
1) Allchorne’s, Nelgus Thyme Flies, 11 month old dog, has good head proportions with prominent occiput, dark eye, low ear set. Very good body correct length. Super bone and lovely large feet that are well padded. Hind quarters well rounded Moved with reach and drive. BP RBOB.
2) Allchorne’s, Nelgus Spring Thyme, Litter sister to 1, feminine with good eye and head. Good ear set. Deep chest with good ribbing. Well boned with good feet. Balanced angulation front and rear . Moved well.
1) Allchorne’s , Nelgus Thyme Bomb, Tri- coloured male with plenty of ring presence. Super masculine head showing occiput, good eye giving happy expression. Correct ears, slightly arched neck leading to well laid shoulders. Ribs have good spring reaching well back to strong loin. Hindquarters well developed. Moved well with good front extension and drive from the rear. BOB
1) Allenby’s, Rangali Yum Yum, Basset Fauve de Bretagne, 8 months bitch with bright disposition, kind oval eye, good head showing occiput, strong neck and good lay back of shoulder. Well ribbed with correct top-line. Good coat. Moved out well. BP
1) Hamilton’s, Alishamar Roxane, Saluki, very feminine young bitch with a lovely head, good eye , correct ears and long neck. Good front assembly, straight but shows a spring to the pasterns. Good body and hindquarters. Moved smoothly with good reach and drive. RBOB.
2) Hudson’s, Tokaji Moon Over Miami With Mutoko, Basenji, tri-coloured bitch, lovely head, wrinkles evident, correct eye and pricked ears. Strong neck and good shoulders. Fine bone from well tucked elbows. Good spring of rib. Well- muscled hindquarters. Moved well.
Open 2 (1)
1) Hill’s, Zoraden Your Precious Love For Shimmeree, Greyhound, feminine with a good head, would prefer darker eye, fine ears, strong neck. She has great depth of chest and is well ribbed. Good body properties. Liked her width of stifle. Moved showing a long low gait but was restricted by size of the ring. BOB.
1) Wilton-Clark’s, Shalfleet Toy Story, Whippet. Only 7 months old but could not be denied this placing. Super dog to put hands on being so balanced. Masculine head, alert expression, fine ears and lovely length of neck that runs to smooth well angulated shoulders. Lovely body and well developed hindquarters. Moves so well covering ground with good extension and drive.
3) Hunt’s, Lauralee Huckleberry Finn A Carpaccio, Dachshund. Well proportioned dog with strong front assembly, plenty of heart room and well- muscled hindquarters. Moved true with good length of stride.
4) Mason’s, Teckletown You’re The One, Dachshund, Miniature Smooth. Sweet bitch well put together, correct head and eye, good shoulder. Good spring and length of rib, strong hindquarters. Moved well.
Hound Puppy Group
2) Hudson’s, Teckeltown Draindrops, Miniature smooth dachshund, lovely young puppy, good head , correct eye. Good neck flows to well angulated shoulder. Typical body properties, strong hindquarters. Moved well.
3) Rhodesian Ridgeback
4) West’s, Archidax Dark Phoenix, miniature wire haired dachshund, another lovely puppy with a good harsh coat, good head and eye. Well ribbed. Moved well.